“The mission of the Towanda Fire Protection District Auxiliary is to support the firefighters and rescuers of the Towanda Fire Protection District in their pursuit of Life Safety, Incident Stabilization, and Environmental Property Preservation of the citizens they serve and their respective memberships. The Towanda Fire Protection District Auxiliary will pursue their mission through activities supporting the fiscal public service and response support needs of the Towanda Fire Protection District firefighters and rescuers.”
Meetings are held once a month, every third Monday at 7:00 pm. Meetings take place at the Towanda Fire Department building.
- Provide response support needs to the firefighters and rescuers during a fire or rescue mission by providing health support needs, such as water, food, blankets etc.
- Provide assistance during Mutual training activities with other departments in our District, such as food, drinks etc.
- Work with the Community Relations Officer with planning n organizing outside activities.
- Assist Fire Department with other activities as needed in a non-emergency capacity.
- Assist in organizing and working approved fundraisers with Community Events, fire equipment, training and education funds, etc.